Town of Farmington Public Information Meeting
2021 – 2022 Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP)
THIS MEETING WILL BE HELD IN THE MAIN MEETING ROOM, AT THE TOWN HALL, 1000 COUNTY ROAD 8, FARMINGTON, NEW YORK 14425. THOSE NOT WISHING TO ATTEND MAY PARTICIPATE VIRTUALLY IN THE MEETING BEING CONDUCTED SIMULTANEOUSLY AT THAT TIME ON-LINE, OR OVER THE PHONE.
Join Zoom Meeting by clicking the following link:
Meeting ID: 943 1862 5196
One tap mobile
+16465588656, 95476695857#, *678772# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 943 1862 5196
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aeHVeyDjKe
The Town of Farmington will be holding a public information meeting on Tuesday, August 3, 2021 commencing at 6:30 p.m., in the Main Meeting Room, at the Farmington Town Hall, 1000 County Road 8, Farmington, New York 14425. The purpose of the information meeting is to identify the 2021 Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP) and Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement (CMAQ) Program; the Town’s Sidewalk/Trail Master Plan; and the various priority subareas being planned for the construction of sidewalk connections, trail connections and bike lanes within the southwest quadrant of the Town of Farmington, the defined “Community Center.”
The TAP - CMAQ Program, is a Federal Highway Administration Program which provides reimbursement of up to 80 percent of project-related costs for nonmotorized transportation improvements, with the remaining 20 percent to be provided by the Town. The Program’s goals and objectives are focused toward improving nondriver access to jobs, education, services, public transit and community amenities by providing non-motorized alternatives; increasing the number of trips taken by pedestrians and/or bicyclists, and improving bicycle and pedestrian safety programs. The deadline for grant application submission is September 29, 2021 with announcement of awards anticipated in early 2022.
In recent years, development projects have included sidewalks and trails which have created an extensive network providing non-motorized routes within the southwest quadrant of the town. However, within this area there remains several subareas where there are no sidewalks or trail connecting links. The practice for so many has been to walk along the shoulders of heavily traveled State, County and Town highways. A practice that warrants change to a safer means of pedestrian movement.
There are a total of thirteen (13) proposed subareas located within the “Community Center” that will be discussed at the meeting. Items within these subareas will include the types of nonmotorized connections being planned, the total lengths of these connections within each subarea, the need for easements or the ability to place the connections within public rights-of-way. A draft map entitled “Town of Farmington Comprehensive Plan -2021, Sidewalk/Trail Master Plan” has been posted on the Town’s website for public review prior to the information meeting. Preliminary cost estimates for each of these subareas will be presented along with the breakdown of potential federal and local funds.
This meeting will be both in-person and via “Zoom” with the contact information being posted on the Town’s website… www.townoffarmingtonny.org. Also please follow this meeting notice as it will be posted on the Town’s Face Book Account.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE AND PUBLISHING July 20, 2021
RONALD L. BRAND
Director of Planning & Development
Town of Farmington