Skip to main content
Site Map
Site Mailing List
Register with this site to receive email notifications, updates and new site information. Enter your email address and press the submit button.

Email Address

Email list signup

*The Town Hall will be closing on July 3rd at 4:30pm (no evening clerk hours) for our Towns July 3rd Celebration! The Town Clerks (only) Office will be closed both Thursday, July 4th and Friday, July 5th 2024. We will reopen on Monday, July 8th at 8am. Please use the brown dropbox outside the Town Hall for any payments. Have a great Holiday. 



1000 County Road 8
Farmington, New York

Phone:  315-986-8100 Option 1
Fax:  315-986-4377

Cell: 585-355-0256 (emergencies ONLY please)


Deputy Town Clerks
Sarah Cerniglia-First Deputy

Tina Murphy-Deputy

Our hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday-8am-4:00pm

Wednesday 8:00 am to 6:00 p.m. Beginning 01/03/2023

Closed Holidays

*For Marriage Applications, no appointment is needed. Just please arrive no later

than 1-hour prior to the clerks office closing. 



(Must be renewed annually)

  1. Puppies by four (4) months of age, rabies shots must be administered by three (3) months of age
  2. Older dogs within ten (10) days of adoption
  3. Report status changes in writing within ten (10) days
  4. Maximum of three (3) dogs per property in the Town of Farmington, without obtaining a variance.
  5. Citizens over 65 years of age are eligible for a senior discount on the dog license.
  6. Multiple year (1, 2, & 3 year) dog licensing is available; we cannot exceed the rabies vaccination expiration date.


  1. Report animals (domestic or feral) acting as though they might be rabid to Ontario County Humane Society at 585-396-4590 (Monday through Saturday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM) or after regular business hours to 911.  They will need to know the location and general direction of the animal to capture it.
  2. If your animal comes in contact with a rabid animal, contact your veterinarian to see if your pet needs a booster on its rabies vaccination.
  3. If your animal has any of the bodily fluids of the rabid animal on it, ask your veterinarian or Public Health how to clean your pet so no one in your family becomes contaminated with rabies.

 *Applications for licensing a NEW dog can be found at the link below. OR just bring proof of rabies and if the dog has been spade or neutered to the Town Clerks Office. 

**Did you know that updated rabies can be faxed to us directly from your vet? When you get this updated, ask them to fax it to us at 315-986-4377. You can also email us a copy at We will then update our records, and all you have to worry about is the license renewal when it comes time. 

***Please note that vets do NOT automatically let us know when you have a updated rabies. You will need to ask them to send the info. 

***Please also let us know if there are any updates or changes to your contact information, or with the status of your pet.


  1. Unaltered dogs:                                   $30.00 per year
    1. Senior citizen (65 & over):         $22.00 per year
  2. Spayed/neutered dogs:                         $20.00 per year
    1. Senior citizen (65 & over):          $12.00 per year


Ontario County Humane Society, 585-396-4590, handles stray dogs, dog bites, and inhumane animal treatment reports.


Dog Complaints and Nuisance problems with neighbor's dogs, which cannot be settled between the neighbors, are handled through the Town Court.  Complete a deposition (available at the Building Department, Town Clerks office and under forms on website), have it notarized and file with the Town Court. *Please note that dog complaints are NOT annonomous.

*Dog bites must be reported with the Humane Society! 

2024 FREE Rabies Vaccination Clinic Dates

*Program offered through Ontario County Public Health  

Saturday, June 29th            9am - 12pm

Saturday, August 24th        9am - 12pm

Saturday, October 5th         9am - 12pm

Saturday, November 2nd     9am - 12pm 

Located at: Ontario County Publics Works Building 

2962 County Road 48

Canandaigua, NY 

Clinics are free but donations are appreciated

Pets must be on a leash or in a carrier, please bring past Rabies Vac. Certificates, if any.

Ontario County Public Health 585-396-4343 


NEW Dog ONLY Registration Form

*Please use this form for registering NEW DOGS ONLY. For renewing dogs, please contact our office at (315)986-8100 Option #1. Licenses are good for 1 year (from initial registration month). 


Are you looking to obtain a marriage license in the State of New York?  You can apply for a marriage license at any muncipal clerk's office  in New York State.  The following information shall be provided to the municipal clerk at the time of appliation:

  • Both parties must be present to apply for the marriage license
  • Both parties must be at least 18 years of age 
  • Original birth certificates (or certified copy) with a raised seal ***Birth Certificates issued by hospital are NOT a valid certificate
  • Photo identification -- driver's license or a passport is acceptable
  • If previously married, original divorce degree(s) or original annulment papers signed by a judge must be presented for each marriage ending in a divorce (must have a file date)
  • If previously married and the spouse is now deceased, an original copy with a raised seal of the death certificate must be presented

The license must be applied for a minimum of 24 hours prior to the ceremony and is valid for 60 days.

The license application process takes up to 30 minutes.  Applicants are requested to arrive at the Town Clerk's office before 3pm (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday) and 5pm on Wednesdays to obtain a Marriage License. 

The fee for obtaining a Marriage License is $40.00. 

 For more information visit:



For more information visit:




We are NO longer accepting 2024 Town & County Taxes. ALL UNPAID TAXES have been passed to the Ontario County Treasurer (with additional fees added) as of April 2nd, 2024. 

Please Contact the Ontario County Treasurer with any questions (585) 396-4432. 

*If you are seeing any UNPAID items on your tax bill, this is because they were unpaid and passed on to your taxes. 

*Please contact the Town Clerks office at 315-986-8100 option #1 for any tax changes or issues.